Friday, February 16, 2007

Servicing and some nice bits

Last wednesday I had a chance to do some maintenance to my Duc again.






I completed valve clearance check and adjustment on vertical cylinder but Horizontal needs still some work. Allmost all clearances on both cylinders were allmost out of tolerance so I had to adjust clearances to nominal values. Of course I also changed all the half rings to new ones, I am not sure is it completely necessary but it doesn't cost much and it adds safety. I am riding much on a racetrack during summer so I have to be carefull...












As you can see I also have bought some nice new & shiny bits. This is a brand new pressure plate from German company MPL. Very precise machining and pretty good price to quality value. Very light also compared to original.


I also bought new front sprocet cover. It is much better looking than original - this is only for looks folks!



I also stripped the cluch completely and it still was ok. Of course it should be because the whole bike is only about 7000 km driven, but you never know how those dry cluches last...

No comments: